Friday, March 15, 2013

Weekend Girls Lauren & Mariel Armstrong


What do you get when you combine 1 great idea, 2 fashionably savvy sisters & a dedication to a good time? Meet PARTYSKIRTS. Born while trying to fill a hole in their own closets, the skirts have quickly become a must have item of the season: these bright, fun pieces will take you from brunch with your girlfriends to a hot date all the way to a cocktail function. To celebrate the launch of their new Spring collection, Blubird recently fĂȘted with Lauren and Mariel Armstrong along with the city's most fashionable (more photos here!). Naturally, we also jumped at the opportunity to catch up with the fabulous duo & chat about the weekend, personal style, and of course - PARTYSKIRTS!


 What is your favourite day of the week?
Lauren Friday night, the possibilities for the weekend feel endless.
Mariel Friday is my favourite day of the weekend. It's the end of the week and there is always something fun to do or attend on a Friday evening.

Where would we find you brunching on Sunday morning?
M You probably wouldn't find me brunching! Most likely eating breakfast in bed.
L Heirloom, hello Quinoa Banana Pancakes!

What is your cocktail of choice?
L This may be obvious but I love a nice glass of champagne.
M Greyhound. Vodka Grapefruit Juice.

What is your favorite weekend style?
M Friday night: Party skirt, crop top, little jacket and some super high heels.
L Sunday morning: to be honest, I'm in my Lululemon gear heading to yoga!

What are you currently listening to?
L Mariel's Hype Machine. Yay for cool little sisters!
M A little bit of everything. Always!
If you could raid anyone's closet, whose would it be?
M I think I would have to say Charlotte Dellall. Mostly because I am obsessed with Charlotte Olympia and I am sure she has every single handbag and pair of shoes that they have ever made!!
L My mom's, which I do ALL the time!

Any favourite Style Icons?
L Grace Kelly, Edith Head, Jessica Chastain, Taylor Tomasi Hill
M Love the simplicity of Elin Kling's style and more eclectic elements of Miroslava Duma's style.

Most memorable party?
L My Uncle's 60th Birthday Monopoly Themed Party at The Vancouver Club
M Our PARTYSKIRTS party at Blubird. It was the first party we have ever had for PARTYSKIRTS and it was an amazing event. We will for sure remember it forever.

Perfect Saturday Shopping Outfit?
M Something similar to my everyday uniform! Leggings, black cashmere sweater and Stubbs & Wootton slippers
L A blue and white striped shirt of some sort (short sleeved St James, collared J.Crew), black Rag and Bone jeans, Burberry trench (since it is most likely raining), Lanvin sneakers, and my blue Goyard tote.
What essentials do you carry in your purse at all times?
L My sister loves to go through my bag. I am overly organized and have a little pouch for everything. The essentials are my wallet, a hairbrush, lip-gloss, mints, business cards, and of course a nice pen!
M Always have my cell phone charger! Also lip chap and sunglasses.

Lastly, what is your favourite colour from the PARTYSKIRTS Spring Collection?
M Yellow! It's probably my favourite colour (other than black!).
L Navy. I am always having a navy moment.
 www.skotapparel.com | www.twitter.com/partyskirts

 PARTYSKIRTS are in store now at Blubird for $195


Kiss,
The Blubird Girls 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...